Share This Guide
You might have heard that essential oils can be used in a humidifier but can weed oil be used in a humidifier? Both weed oil and essential oils are extracted from plants, but they differ in how they function and interact with the body.
That said, a typical humidifier doesn’t heat to steam that would be required for someone to intake the compound.
Weed oil can be put in a humidifier to provide an aromatic atmosphere in a room. And some weed oils even contain other essential oils to provide more benefits when used as aromatherapy. However, when weed oil is used in a humidifier or diffuser, this won’t lead to significant health benefits one would get from consuming the weed oil or using it on the skin.
And as a matter of fact, while you may put weed oil in their humidifier, the cannabinoids in weed oil are not soluble in water and could shorten the humidifier’s lifespan.
It is also essential to note that weed oil is not the same as the essential oils that are typically used in a humidifier. Below is a table to help you remember the difference between the two.
Differences between weed oil and essential oil
|Weed oil||Essential oil|
|– weed oils can be consumed||– Essential oils can’t be consumed|
|– Is beneficial when consumed||– Provide the benefit by inhaling the scent|
|– Weed oil works within the body||– Essential oils work through the smell|
However, if you want to get the most out of weed oil, this works great if it can:
1. Be applied to the skin
2. In cannabis products such as serum, lotions, and body oils
What Humidifiers Can I Use For Weed Oil?
The best humidifiers for use with weed oil or any other essential oil are those that are special humidifiers for essential oils.
These humidifiers differ from regular humidifiers in that they work by splitting water and essential oils into tiny particles and then diffusing them into the air in the room. If you need a humidifier specifically designed for use with essential oils, here are a few that you can pick up on Amazon:
- Compact Size for Space-saving: Diffuser is powered by included AC charger. Without occupying much space, you can easily place this palm sized aromatherapy diffuser on your desk, countertop, or pack in carry-on while on the go.
- 2 Misting Modes: You can set the deffusor to intermittent mist (6-8 hrs working time) that diffuser mists and pauses every 30s, it goes for almost the whole night; Or set it to continuous mist (3-4 hrs working time) that keep misting until water runs out, it creates an instant fragrance in your room.
- 🌎【MULTIFUNCTION】 ：Our essential oil diffuser can be used as an aromatherapy essential oil diffuser/cool mist humidifier/night light. Essence Diffuser has a 550ml capacity and uses state of the art wave diffusion technology to atomize essential oils for ultimate wellness.
- 🌎【4 TIME SETTING MODES】: Oil Diffuser 550ml built-in 4 time setting modes: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours and continuous. And there are 2 options of mist for you to choose from, strong and standard mist. Just select what you want and enjoy the relax. Essence diffuser includes 7 ambient light modes with two intensity settings for 15 different light combinations. It also includes 4 timer settings and a convenient auto shutoff feature for low water levels.
- 【Mini humidifier】: This mini humidifier is small in size, light in weight, easy to carry, ultra-quiet, and powered by a USB cable. Suitable for travel, bedroom, office, car, humidify your living space and prevent the air from drying out.
- 【USB Only】: Without battarry. The USB is compatible with the USB port of any device, ensuring that it can be used in bedrooms, offices, and cars.
- #1 ESSENTIAL OILS SET IN THE USA: From Laguna Beach to your home, we create our essential oils using rigorously tested ingredients. Make pampering a luxurious experience with our VERSATILE SET OF 6 10ml oils. Join 110,000+ customers who love our essential oils for massage, aromatherapy, and candle making.
- PLANT-POWERED FORMULAS FROM AROUND THE WORLD: Regular brands use ingredients grown with GMOs, while we only source ingredients from farms with a commitment to regenerative, earth-kind practices. Our team travels the globe to bring you eucalyptus essential oil from Australia, lavender from France, and peppermint from India.
- 4L Large Capacity: The large 4L water tank makes the humidifier suitable for rooms up to 183 square feet; Comes with 3 adjustable (high/medium/low) mist levels and features a sensitive touch screen and a remote control
- Air Ionizer/Built-in Filter/Diffuser: The air ionizer and built-in filter work together to bring you fresher air by increasing the number of negative oxygen ions in the air; Essential oil diffuser circulates aromatic oils into the mist
Avoid using essential oils in evaporative humidifiers. That is because they will be trapped by the wicking filter and cause it to fail.
Here is a list of things you can put in a humidifier
- Tap water
- Eucalyptus oil
- Essential oils
- Bleach (PS: bleach can only be used for cleaning the humidifier
- Perfume (not recommended)
- Epsom salt (not recommended)
- Hot water (not recommended in cool mist)
- Filtered water
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Things to avoid putting in a humidifier
- Vicks vapor rub
- Air freshener
- Hand sanitizer
To conclude, it is possible to put weed oil in a humidifier but with limited benefits. If you want to improve the scent in your room and the benefits of aromatherapy, we recommend using essential oils and only in humidifiers that are specially designed for them.
HVAC tech with over 30 years of experience. Retired and doing repair work on the side around Madison County, AL.