Share This Guide
You might have heard that essential oils can be used in a humidifier but can weed oil be used in a humidifier? Both weed oil and essential oils are extracted from plants, but they differ in how they function and interact with the body.
That said, a typical humidifier doesn’t heat to steam that would be required for someone to intake the compound.
Weed oil can be put in a humidifier to provide an aromatic atmosphere in a room. And some weed oils even contain other essential oils to provide more benefits when used as aromatherapy. However, when weed oil is used in a humidifier or diffuser, this won’t lead to significant health benefits one would get from consuming the weed oil or using it on the skin.
And as a matter of fact, while you may put weed oil in their humidifier, the cannabinoids in weed oil are not soluble in water and could shorten the humidifier’s lifespan.
It is also essential to note that weed oil is not the same as the essential oils that are typically used in a humidifier. Below is a table to help you remember the difference between the two.
Differences between weed oil and essential oil
|Weed oil||Essential oil|
|– weed oils can be consumed||– Essential oils can’t be consumed|
|– Is beneficial when consumed||– Provide the benefit by inhaling the scent|
|– Weed oil works within the body||– Essential oils work through the smell|
However, if you want to get the most out of weed oil, this works great if it can:
1. Be applied to the skin
2. In cannabis products such as serum, lotions, and body oils
What Humidifiers Can I Use For Weed Oil?
The best humidifiers for use with weed oil or any other essential oil are those that are special humidifiers for essential oils.
These humidifiers differ from regular humidifiers in that they work by splitting water and essential oils into tiny particles and then diffusing them into the air in the room. If you need a humidifier specifically designed for use with essential oils, here are a few that you can pick up on Amazon:
- 【Digital Alarm Clock】- The alarm clocks with digital LED display and unique oil diffuser design, when not in essential oil diffuser mode, it can be used as an alarm clock on its own, and the high-definition digital display make setting the alarm clock easy.The alarm clock aromatherapy diffuser is a great, affordable option if you are looking for a alarm clock or home decor.
- 【Essential Oil Diffusers】- 400ml-12Hours-10㎡ Roman upgraded fire diffuser humidifiers for bedroom with 400ml water tank allows you to humidify continuously up to 12 hours.The fireplace diffuser humidifier can easily handle spaces 10m².
- Ultrasonic Cool and Warm Mist Humidifier: Stay comfortable all year round with warm and cool mist settings; Warm mist helps combat congestion and soothe sore throats in winter, while cool mist helps keep your skin moisturized in the summer.Grelife ultrasonic humidifier mainly uses high-frequency oscillation, which makes the water in the humidifier be thrown away from the water surface to produce floating water mist.
- Intelligence Auto Mode: Grelife whole house air humidifier can automatically adjust the fog volume according to different humid environments and quickly humidifies the humidity to 60%, which is the most desired humidity level for people. The humidity value can be customized from 30% ~ 80% to suit.There are also 5 levels of Mist volume to choose fro the different needs of plants, pets, babies, and more.
- 👑[ Large Spray Mini Desk/Car Humidifier ]: This small humidifiers for bedroom with portable and small design is easy to take anywhere. The large volume mini humidifier with the fine spray greatly increases the spray volume per hour, effectively moisturizing the dry air,preventing static electricity and dust, reliving dry nose and throat. It is a great winter companion for you and your plants, you can take it for travel, bedroom, office, car.
- 👑[ Two Mist Modes Humidifiers+7 Colors LED Light ]: This mini humidifier has two modes: continuous spray & intermittent spray (stop 2 seconds), the spray can last up to 6 hours in continuous mode and last up 12 hours in intermittent mode. 350ml small humidifier can effectively moisturize dry skin and help you reduce skin peeling or relief from sinus issues. 7 colors LED night light will give you more choice to comfort you during the dark.
- 4L Large Tank for Continuous Comfort: Enjoy quiet sleep without congestion, coughing, or dry mouth, Dreo’s ultrasonic atomization brings noise down to 28dB, while its 4L tank provides up to 32 hours of moisture without the need to refill.
- Next-Gen Humidification Performance: Powered by Dreo’s Dual-intake and 4-inch mist outlet design, this humidifier creates a supersized mist 3X larger than most humidifiers for bedroom, bringing 3X faster dry air relief to help you breathe easy and healthy.
- 🌎【MULTIFUNCTION】 ：Our essential oil diffuser can be used as an aromatherapy essential oil diffuser/cool mist humidifier/night light. Essence Diffuser has a 550ml capacity and uses state of the art wave diffusion technology to atomize essential oils for ultimate wellness.
- 🌎【4 TIME SETTING MODES】: Oil Diffuser 550ml built-in 4 time setting modes: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours and continuous. And there are 2 options of mist for you to choose from, strong and standard mist. Just select what you want and enjoy the relax. Essence diffuser includes 7 ambient light modes with two intensity settings for 15 different light combinations. It also includes 4 timer settings and a convenient auto shutoff feature for low water levels.
Avoid using essential oils in evaporative humidifiers. That is because they will be trapped by the wicking filter and cause it to fail.
Here is a list of things you can put in a humidifier
- Tap water
- Eucalyptus oil
- Essential oils
- Bleach (PS: bleach can only be used for cleaning the humidifier
- Perfume (not recommended)
- Epsom salt (not recommended)
- Hot water (not recommended in cool mist)
- Filtered water
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Things to avoid putting in a humidifier
- Vicks vapor rub
- Air freshener
- Hand sanitizer
To conclude, it is possible to put weed oil in a humidifier but with limited benefits. If you want to improve the scent in your room and the benefits of aromatherapy, we recommend using essential oils and only in humidifiers that are specially designed for them.
HVAC tech with over 30 years of experience. Retired and doing repair work on the side around Madison County, AL.